We can’t all afford Prada gowns or Tiffany rocks, but those of us with short hair can have a bash at creating the archetypal 1920s “do” – the bob.
TRESemme’s lead UK stylist Matthew Curtis has come up with a foolproof method to create the hair style sported by Carey Mulligan (as Daisy) in The Great Gatsby. Here’s his step-by-step guide:
1. Start off with freshly washed hair and apply TRESemmé 24hour Body Amplifying Mousse to roots and ends. For that extra healthy look, also add 3 drops of TRESemmé Liquid Gold to the hair to make it feel luxurious.
2. Using a medium sized round brush, blow dry your hair in sections, starting at the nape of the neck and working your way to the top.
3. The final section you should blow dry is the hair that falls around your face, this section should be blow-dried coming in towards the face.
4. To get that rounded look at the ends, repeatedly turn the brush in at the ends. A top tip to help the hair stay curled in and looking shiny is to use the cool setting on your hairdryer, just for the last turn of your brush.
5. Finally to keep your hair in place and looking gorgeous for longer, spray TRESemmé Extra Firm Holding Spray from a distance all over your hair to keep it in place.