On Friday, November 8, women across the UK will be going ‘BearFaced’ for BBC Children in Need, the annual fund-raising event which will be broadcast on the BBC throughout the evening of Friday, November 15, and features the cheeky mascot of Pudsey the bear.
Ditching makeup for just one day could help raise life changing funds for disadvantaged children all over the UK.
As one of the official fundraising partners of BBC Children in Need, Boots UK has raised over £5 million helping disadvantaged children and young people across the UK over the last decade, and this year, the company is determined to raise the biggest amount to date. So its No7 brand has joined forces with the BearFaced campaign to ensure skin is ready to go BearFaced. Until November 9 (Saturday), five pence from every pound spent on No7 skincare at Boots UK stores will be donated directly to BBC Children in Need.
No7 will help women across the UK feel fresh faced and fabulous for the big day and those who do go makeup free – whether to show support or to raise money by being sponsored for their non-make-up marathon – won’t be alone as BearFaced beauties such as singer Kimberley Walsh (pictured above), One Show presenter Alex Jones, MTV presenter Laura Whitmore and television personality and choreographer Arlene Philips have all signed up to go makeup free too.
To help achieve the ultimate complexion perfection, No7 Consultant Samantha Catt has given her top skincare tips:
• Cleanse: Always start your skincare routines with a splash of warm water or No7 Beautiful Skin Hot Cloth Cleanser (£9.95) to open your pores. This allows your cleanser to clean impurities from deep within the skin and leaves it feeling squeaky clean. Samantha advises: “Wash skin morning and night with a cleanser suitable for your skin type. After cleansing, splash your face with cool water to close pores again.”
* Exfoliate: Exfoliating helps to gently remove dead skin cells to reveal your glowing complexion underneath. This helps skin to look refreshed, rejuvenated and healthy, even without the addition of makeup. Samantha says: “Buff skin twice a week with your preferred method. You could use an exfoliating brush like No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Brush (£15), grainy facial scrub or No7 Youthful Glycolic Peel Kit (£24.95).”
• Hydrate: For even better anti-ageing results, pair a serum with a moisturiser. “Follow your favourite serum with a moisturiser tailor made for your skincare needs,” says Samantha. “Make sure it has a 5* UVA rating as well as sun protection factor (SPF) to protect your delicate skin from the sun, try No7 Protect and Perfect Intense range (£43).”
• Eye cream: For a fresh-faced, bright-eyed effect, apply an eye cream after your moisturiser. This helps to smooth any fine lines and keep your under eye skin hydrated. What’s best, a little goes a long way. Samantha says: “Apply an eye cream with your ring finger very gently; a grain of rice size is the perfect amount.”
• Illuminate: Add some ready-made radiance to your complexion with an instant skin fixer. Light-reflecting particles will make your skin appear immediately brighter and fresher. “If your skin is lacking in youthful glow, particularly in the winter months, glide No7 Instant Radiance Beauty Balm (£17) over the cheeks to lift your complexion.”
• Primer: A solid base is key to any flawless look but essential when going “bear”. Samantha says: “If your skin is oily, the No7 Beautifully Matte Makeup Base (£10.50) will combat shine or try No7 Airbrush Away Primer (£19.50) which gives the illusion of smooth, even skin.”
* Watch out for Children in Need events taking place in Boots stores across the UK. Children in Need, BBC 1 & 2, Friday November 15.